<$BlogRSDURL$>
the dropkicks: rugby podcast

Wednesday, November 22, 2006
The ten best Ashes sledges

  1. Mark Waugh to Jimmy Ormond on his Test debut, 2001: "Mate, what are you doing out here? There's no way you're good enough to play for England."
    Ormond: "Maybe not, but at least I'm the best player in my own family."

  2. Merv Hughes to Graeme Hick et al: "Mate, if you just turn the bat over you'll find the instructions on the other side."

  3. Hughes again: "Does your husband play cricket as well?"

  4. Mike Atherton, on Merv Hughes: "I couldn't work out what he was saying, except that every sledge ended with 'arsewipe'."

  5. Dennis Lillee to Mike Gatting: "Hell, Gatt, move out of the way. I can't see the stumps."

  6. Derek Randall to Lillee, after taking a glancing blow to the head: "No good hitting me there, mate, nothing to damage."

  7. Ian Healy, placing a fielder yards away at cover when Nasser Hussain was batting: "Let's have you right under Nasser's nose."

  8. Tony Greig, England's South African-born captain, to the young David Hookes, 1977: "When are your balls going to drop, Sonny?"
    Hookes: "I don't know, but at least I'm playing cricket for my own country." Hookes hit Greig for five consecutive fours.

  9. Rod Marsh, late Seventies: "How's your wife and my kids?"
    Ian Botham: "The wife's fine - the kids are retarded."

  10. Bill Woodfull, Australia's captain in the Bodyline series of 1932-33, responding to Douglas Jardine's complaint that a slip fielder had sworn at him: "All right, which one of you bastards called this bastard a bastard?"


[via Mike on Cricket]

technorati tags:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home